12 January 2013

The iPhone case that is

So if you've read about my first attempt at crocheting myself an iphone case the other day, then you'll know it wasn't overly successful. Well, I wasn't going to let that get the better of me, so I had a quick trip into town on Christmas eve and came back with this King Cole Galaxy.


I was fully expecting it to be absolutely horrible to crochet with, but actually it's surprisingly nice! I started on Christmas Day afternoon, pulled all the sequins through to the right side, did the facebook and instagram button test...


... and come boxing day evening it was all finished!


I'm rather pleased with it actually - it keeps my phone safe, it's hand made and most importantly it's sparkly! It's stretched a little with use, so if I made myself another one I think I'd make it a little smaller to allow it to give a bit with wear, but with the button done up it doesn't make much difference.

In fact I so enjoyed making it, and Mum liked it so much that she went out and bought me this...


Here we go again!

Happy Saturday, 
aLittleBlonde

4 comments:

  1. I love it! What is your clever trick with the sequins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) The sequins are sewn into the yarn already, so I just used a sightly bigger hook to give me a bit more room for manoeuvre then just pushed them all through to the right side when I was done. I was convinced they'd keep catching, but they didn't which was nice!

      Delete
  2. Hi there - thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I've replied there to your crochet hook query (as best i could, anyway!).

    I love this iPhone case. It's so fun and sparkly. I have just acquired my first smart phone and need to find a case of some kind, although I don't think my limited crochet skills are up to this!

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the hook advice, I shall have a go and let you know how I get on. And thank you for popping over to my blog and commenting!
      It was really easy to make, I'm sure you'd be able to give it a go. If you can crochet teeny tiny things this should be a doddle. All I did was double crochet two rectangles the same size as my phone and then double crocheted the two together, although you could just sew them.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated, always read and make my day!!