21 January 2013

aLittleBlonde is 1 today!

I can't believe it's been a year already! I still feel like a very new blogger, yet at the same time it feels like I've been doing it forever. I've come a very long way since my first post, but there's still a lot I've got planned over the next few months, especially once I've finished my degree and have more time on my hands.

If I'm honest I started off blogging as a form of procrastination really. I decided I quite fancied blogging and started playing around with blogger during my breaks from doing coursework. Once the coursework was handed in my first post went up and that was that. I did everything a bit back to front and inside out and started blogging before I knew much about it or had really read any craft blogs.


Now of course I am a craft blog addict, follow a couple of blogs specifically for their content about blogging and have recently read Robin Houghton's book Blogging for Creatives* - I'll be posting a review up soon.

So, I would just like to take the opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone who reads my blog, has followed me on various social network sites, left comments or got in touch. I never really expected anyone except my Mum to read my blog, so it's always nice to see my page views building up.

Most of all though I'd like to say thank you to all the bloggers who inspire me on a daily basis and have provided me with advice when I need it. Despite my organisation session the other day I still follow way too many blogs, but keep an eye out and I shall be putting up a list of my absolute favourites in the next couple of days.

Now that I've been at this a year I thought it about time I shared a little more about myself, so...

Here's to another blogging year!

Alex


* Just so you know, this link to Robin Houghton's book is an Amazon Associate link. If you'd rather not use this link then please click here.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I have just done a similar post for my second blogging anniversary! I felt just the same when I started blogging, I only really wrote for myself and my family. Here's to another creative year. Em (lulu loves) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated, always read and make my day!!