22 April 2013

Cross stitch rose keyring

Well it's taken me a while, but I am finally please to present my finished cross stitch keyring!

aLittleBlonde: Cross stitch rose keyring

If you've not seen it before it was a free kit that came with Cross Stitcher issue #264 and instagram seemed alive with a frenzy of people stitching it the week the magazine dropped on everyone's doormats.

aLittleBlonde: Cross stitch rose keyring

I can't be doing with seeing the messy side of things, although the back of my work is usually fairly good, so I decided to stitch a circle of felt onto the back to tidy things up and add a personalised touch.

aLittleBlonde: Embroidered wood keyring

I'd heard a lot of people were short changed when it came to the blue thread so I stitched the background in 3 strands instead of the suggested 4, and I've got loads left! So if you're reading this and were one of the ones who came up short leave me comment and I'll happily post what I've got left to you.

Alex at aLittleBlonde

5 comments:

  1. You're from East Sussex AND you like xstitch,how have I not followed u sooner?!I too have only just made this and I'm so behind on the other free kits,I must be really slow!!I love the idea of covering up the back and have some turquoise felt so might do the same if you don't mind.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well I am a bit of a quiet one! I'm only just down the road from Brighton as well :)
      Just been having a little poke around your blog(s) and your keyring is looking great. And good luck with you're little one, you look about ready to pop! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi thank you for your post. I have taken my time in completing my rose keyring (I'm a newbie) and I found I came up short. I thought I had done something drastically wrong but your post confirmed it wasn't just me! I am close to finishing so if you have any spare that would be very much appreciated or if you could point me in the right direction of where to find something to finish it that would be superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not just you, it seems there are people everywhere who have come up short! Sorry for the late response, but if you drop me an email on alittleblondeblog(at)gmail(dot)com with your address I can post what I've got left. Or if you look at the chart in the magazine it should give you the DMC shade number so you can buy a whole skein that should hopefully be a very close match :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for replying. I managed to locate some extra blue thread from my local knitting/cross stitch store to finish off. I love your idea to make the back neat with felt - I shall be doing the same :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated, always read and make my day!!