13 July 2012

Returning to Cross Stitch

Today I'm starting off a new cross stitch project, but I'm afraid that's about all that I can tell you! You see it's a present for someone who could potentially end up reading this post, so I need to keep it under wraps a bit until it's all finished and has been given to the person in question.

It's been a little while since I did any cross stitch as I've mostly been crocheting recently and my current crochet project isn't exactly the most portable. In the grand scheme of things I've been cross stitching for much longer than I've been crocheting (years as opposed to months) and I did a lot of the little Mouseloft cross stitch kits last summer and a couple of the Christmas ones, not that I've ever done anything with the completed kits. I've started myself a camp blanket which I will tell you about at a later date which has various cloth badges stitched onto it, so until I can find a good home for the mini stitches or untill I get any more cloth badges maybe they'll find a home on there.

Anyway, I'm excited to be starting this new project today after a quick trip up to Pauline's Patchwork up at Poundbury to get these to get me started.


Love these colours!


I hadn't realised quite how much I've missed cross stitching until I started again a few days ago by attempting to stitch this little Strawberry kit that came free with a magazine. Sadly it didn't come with enough red thread to finish it, which I didn't realise until I got halfway through. A bit annoying I have to say! So for now this is as far as I can get with it until I work out what on earth to do. I wonder how close a match the suggested thread colours are with those provided in the kit? Not close enough I'm guessing, but we'll see.


I also started this after lunch as something small I can work on when the person in question who is receiving the big project is around. Not that it will keep me working for long given it's size!


Can you tell what it is yet? I'm afraid you'll have to guess. There may even be a small prize for the first to work it out...

Happy Friday, aLittleBlonde x

2 comments:

  1. Love the strawberry design! I've never tried cross-stitch but would like to...

    Don't know about the mystery design but it looks very cute already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my go to craft for relaxing :)

    The mouseloft kits are really good if you want to give it a go and are great little handbag projects. They include everything you need except scissors and are cheap and easy to do. Either that or cross stitcher magazine is really good and often has free mini stitch kits.

    The mystery design is pretty much finished, so I'll be doing a little ta dah in the next couple of days! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated, always read and make my day!!