24 January 2012

A new years resolution... (mark 2)

It appears I have myself my first blog fail.
Note to self: always make a copy of your blog posts, so that if they magically disappear you can simply copy and paste them back and all's well that ends well!

Here we are:
Since September I've been doing an elective course at uni called 'Music, Stage and Screen', which got me thinking about how many of the classic films, especially movie musicals I haven't seen, or have only ever half heartedly watched during the holidays. It also reunited my love of musicals and the stage, which has sadly been on the back burner since I moved to uni.

So, to my first new years resolution:
To watch more classic movies, in particular movie musicals.

If you've got any suggestions feel free to leave a comment below and I'll let you know how I get on

Now the question is, where do I start? There are a couple on my list already, but which one to choose? Perhaps, judging by the weather out there today 'Singing in the Rain' would be appropriate...

1 comment:

  1. Well, you asked for suggestions... you could try Cabaret, which I'm sure you haven't seen, or Sweet Charity. Kismet is always good for a laugh, although don't take it too seriously, but if you want to enjoy something new I'd look out for Kiss Me Kate. Assuming Wozzek is not on the list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated, always read and make my day!!